Laboratory Software and Manuals
Legacy information for 1985-2003
The Applications Development Group maintains and enhances these applications as requested by the users.
- Adara Downhole Temperature (PDF manual):
The Adara program was designed to aid in the uploading of downhole temperature data into the central database and for minor editing functions.
- AppleCORE Reader (application and manual in word or PDF format): Macintosh application that allows the user to view visual core description files.
- Color Reflectance (PDF manual):
Color Reflectance is a program designed to upload reflectance spectroscopy data files to the central database. It also contains a browser/edit window. For brevity, the program is referred to as RSC for Reflectance Spectroscopy and Colorimetry.
- Coulometrics (PDF manual):
The Coulometrics program was designed to aid in the measurement and uptake
of all carbonate sample data.
- Cruise Evaluation (PDF manual):
Cruise Evaluation allows the scientists to make comments about their general
impression of the ship facilities and personnel.
- CryoEdit (PDF manual):
CryoEdit uploads cryomagnetometer data from the Long Core utility to the central database. It also provides limited facilities for browsing and editing the uploaded data.
- Curation Bibliography (PDF manual):
The Biblio program was developed to help correlate participating scientists to their publications, sample requests, and the core samples used in their analyses.
- Gas Analysis (PDF manual):
The Gas Analysis Program (GAP) is designed to aid the user in obtaining gas element analysis for an entire hole. This program plots C1/C2 and C1/C2+ ratios, and can also be used as a warning tool for undesirably high concentrations of C2.
- Gate User Guide (PDF manual):
The Gate database application makes it possible to edit curatorial data
that are included in the Janus Oracle database.
- Hard Rock Labels (PDF manual):
Hard Rock Labels (HRlabels) is a program developed for printing labels. These labels are used to identify sections, pieces, and parts of hard rock core.
- JANUS (HTML manuals): JANUS encompasses the group of applications that are used on the ship to input data
in the JANUS database.
- JANUS Repository Sampling (PDF manual): JRS is a program mainly used on the ship to record sample data. The main working window is a spreadsheet similar in appearance and function to Excel.
- Moisture and Density (PDF manual):
The Moisture and Density (MAD) program was developed to work in conjunction with the balances and the pycnometer.
- MsT View (PDF manual):
MsTV is a program designed to aid in the viewing of Multi-Sensor Track (MST) data (GRAPE, magnetic susceptibility, NGR, P-Wave). The graph areas allow for the comparison of data from different holes, or different data types for the same hole.
- Paleontology Analysis Log (PDF manual):
Paleontology Analysis Log (PAL) is a program designed to aid in the analysis and recording of fossil data. The main working window is a spreadsheet similar in appearance and function to Excel.
- Precruise Names (PDF manual):
Precruise Names assigns site names to proposed drill sites prior to the cruise leg.
- Smear Slides (PDF manual):
Sliders is a program designed to aid recording of smear slide data. The main working window is a spreadsheet similar to Excel.
- Tensor Tool (PDF manual):
The Tensor Tool (TTool) program is designed to aid in the viewing and editing of Tensor Tool data and notes.
- XRD Conversion (PDF manual):
The XRD Conversion program was developed to convert raw, legacy X-Ray diffraction data into a usable format, from UDF files to UDI files.
- Z-Plot (PDF manual):
Z-Plot was developed to aid in the conversion of paleomagnetic data into a format complementary to the Z-Plot graphics program.